Predictive astrology is a branch of Indian astrology known as Hora. In this system there are many different ways of using astrology to predict the future. These are:
- Natal astrology, which is based on your birth horoscope. In this system each person’s personality or path is determined by the exact date, time and location of birth. In preparing a birth chart, the astrologer has to pay special attention to the positions of the sun and the moon as they were at this time. Chart weighting involves the distribution of the Zodiac signs in the chart and chart shaping deals with the position of the planets at the time of birth.
- Electional astrology has to do with ceremonies that are held to bring good luck, such as ribbon cutting at openings of new buildings. It concerns itself with finding the best time to do something.
- Phonetical astrology has to do with the sound of names. It deals with different modes of breathing and is considered to be the highest form of knowledge.
- Horary astrology tries to answer questions by constructing a horoscope for the exact time a specific question was asked and understood by the astrologer. The position of and aspects of the moon are especially important. Then the house or the ruler of the sign related to the subject of the question comes into play.
- Numerolgy is the belief that numbers play a part in being able to predict the future. Each number from 0 to 10 has a particular significance and corresponds to the position of the letters of the alphabet.
- Nadi astrology believes that each person’s future is written on a palm leaf at the time of birth. An astrologer practicing in this branch of astrology will ask for a person’s thumbprint and then search through palm leaves to find a match. By some means, once the leaf is found, the astrologer can tell the person’s name, family history and then go through a series of events that have taken place in the person’s life.
- An annual horoscope is based on the annual solar returns.
- Palm reading is a practice of predicting the future by reading the lines on the palm of a person’s hand, such as the heart line, the head line and the life line.
- The interpretation of dreams is often used to tell the future by trying to find a reason for the dream and to connect it to real life events.